Start a new search!

Vintage Assessments Tasting Note Producer LA BRACCESCA
Deep purple ruby red colour. Intense, spicy, sandalwood-tinged, very attractive, ripe Damson plum nose with some black cherry and cassis notes. Dry, medium bodied, well structured, intense, gently spicy, plummy, plummy-cherry-cassis flavours with a lingering, fairly dense, gently cedary finish. The seductive Syrah ripeness of fruit would marry well with osso buco. This 100% Syrah has 14.5% alcohol and 3 g/L residual sugar with lot number L1256 on the back label. Some 70% of the wine was transferred into second-fill and third-fill French oak barriques where malolactic fermentation took place, while the remaining 30% went into stainless steel vats with no malolactic. A ready-to-drink crowd-pleaser. NEW in Vintages. CSPC 177410
Type Red Table Wine
Agent Hal Ent
Country Italy
Region Tuscany
Rating ***(91 points)
Ripe, Fruity, Plummy-Cherry
LCBO Text Status Recommended by Vintage Assessments!
A Best Buy
TASTING NOTE: From renowned producer Marchesi Antinori, the Achelo is an eclectic wine built on Merlot and Syrah. Fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel before ageing in French oak barriques (70%) and stainless steel vats, it's a layered wine showcasing waves of rich dark fruit, blackberry jam and wisps of vanilla. [Luca Maroni tasting note not available.] Score - 94 (lucamaroni.com, Aug. 2, 2021) Price $ 24.95
Bottle Size 750 mL
Tasting Date vintages release - August 13, 2022
Cases bought 324 (6 bottles per case)

Check LCBO Availability

Score:  - NOT PRESENTED  * Very Basic   *+ OK   ** Good   **/**+ Very Good   **+ Excellent   *** Outstanding   ***+ Superb

Copyright Vintage Assessments 2022
Prior written permission is required for any form of reproduction
 (electronic or other wise) and/or quotation.
Contact Michael Vaughan at mbv@uniserve.com