Home

Start a new search!

TESSELLAE VIEILLES VIGNES CARIGNAN 2017 IGP Côtes Catalanes
Vintage Assessments Tasting Note Producer Domaine Lafage
Assessed from a bottle purchased at the LCBO. Deep intense purple colour. Fragrant, spicy, bright, ripe cherry-plum-raspberry nose with lots of mineral notes. Dry, medium bodied, well structured, slightly spicy, very bright, intense, ripe, plum-cherry-cassis purée flavours with a lingering, high acid, rather crisp finish. This very tasty, versatile, 100% old-vines Carignan has 14.5% alcohol and according to the LCBO 7 g/L residual sugar with lot number L20106D on the lower part of the glass bottle. This 2017 is fermented in stainlesss steel and aged (80%) in concrete tanks for the rest with 20% in neutral French oak demi-muids. It is the BEST RELEASE TO DATE and a REPEAT of the 2017 that last appeared in Vintages (not presented) on June 22, 2019 at $18.95. CSPC 343509
Type Red Table Wine
Agent Gle Win
Country France
Region
Rating **+(89 points)
Attractive, Solid, Ripe, Juicy
LCBO Text Status Recommended by Vintage Assessments!
A Best Buy
Tasting Note: Moving to the reds, the 2017 Côtes Catalanes Tessellae Carignan (100% Carignan) comes from the Agly Valley and was brought up all in tank. Blackberries, leather, dried herbs, and licorice notes all emerge from this spicy, medium-bodied, silky Carignan that has terrific purity and elegance. It's another wine from Jean-Marc that over-delivers. Drink it over the coming couple of years. Maturity: 2018-2020. Score - 91. (Jeb Dunnuck, jebdunnuck.com, Nov. 11, 2018) Price $ 18.95
Bottle Size 750 mL
Tasting Date vintages release - August 8, 2020
Cases bought 1064 (12 bottles per case)

Check LCBO Availability

Score:  - NOT PRESENTED  * Very Basic   *+ OK   ** Good   **/**+ Very Good   **+ Excellent   *** Outstanding   ***+ Superb

Copyright Vintage Assessments 2021
Prior written permission is required for any form of reproduction
 (electronic or other wise) and/or quotation.
Contact Michael Vaughan at mbv@uniserve.com